Friday, July 13, 2007

things and stuff

I hate when I'm at the thrift store, see something I like, talk myself out of it and then when I get home and it's too late to do anything about it I wish I had said item. I did this to myself about a week ago. I saw a really ugly, yet really comfortable, green chair. It was only 18 dollars. Why didn't I just get it? I don't know. But the next day when I went in, it was gone. Now I keep having dreams about it. I don't really need another chair, which is probably why I talked myself out of it. sigh
I finally got the pond up and running. We even put some goldfish in it. Now if I could only find where the camera and the cord has run off to..... I'm working on a couple of metal chairs now I found at a yard sale to put by the pond. When I got them they were a primer grey and had no seats. Now they're nice and shiny black. I have to get some plywood to make the seats but I went to jo-anns and got some fabric and some clear vinyl to cover them.
My 4 year old picked out some purple fabric while we were at jo-anns that he says he wants to make an elephant out of. He is such a nut. Now I need to find a little elephant pattern. This is why I don't get anything done. But I do have a couple of happy little boys. Someday he isn't going to want to play cars with me or things like that. Maybe I'll get all my chores done then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I did the same thing the other day over this really cool white wicker rocking chair. NOT that I needed the chair. but it was cute and cheap. I could have found somewhere to put it.