Wednesday, June 13, 2007
I have been kinda busy. I made this chair cushion a few weeks ago. The chair was found at D.I. and the cushion on it was gross. Besides being gross it wasn't even meant for this chair. It was for lawn furniture. We lived with it for quite a while but it was in need of a change. So I got some fabric and made a newspaper pattern and went to town. Amazingly enough it turned out better than what was in my head.
This table was a little unfinished wood table that I got a michaels for 5 bucks. I also bought a pack of scrapbook paper at the same time. I took it all home and assembled the table. Then I painted it black. While that dried I found a paper I wanted to use that had dragons on. I cut out the bits I wanted to use and mod podged them on. After that was all done the table still looked like it needed something so I painted around the top and on the legs a pink that matched the paper. The pictures don't really do it justice.
I'm also pretty sore from moving around blocks for my pond. We got a load of bark mulch to fill around the pond forms yesterday too. I need to get some pictures taken of my progress so far. It's going to look goooood! (if i do say so myself)